Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The blessing of children

The crazy thing about starting a family is, when you are trying to have your first kid, there is this crazy unknown - can we have kids? What is this going to do to our marriage? But then, once all the questions are answered, you realize children are one of God's greatest blessings in this life. The fact that He trusts us with these little spirits is overwhelming. My son brings so much happiness to my wife and I. His joys are our joys. His triumphs are our triumphs. Not to mention he's just fun; having an extra adorable, goofy, fun-loving member of the family around really makes the days sunnier, you know?

With all the fun, however, there are also many lessons to be learned. My son has tried me more than anything else in my life has. The sleepless nights. The screaming. The kicking and fighting every time I change his diaper or put him into his car seat. His ridiculous behavior is such an eye opener to me. I am sure Heavenly Father looks at me so often and thinks the same thing - how ridiculous I am being when in reality He is just trying to take care of me and keep me safe. So many lessons to learn. So many joys to be had. Oh what a blessing children are.

No comments:

Post a Comment