Friday, October 30, 2015

The Family: A Proclamation to the World


This semester I am taking a class based on The Family: A Proclamation to the World.  Having 2 hours of dedicated time each week to discuss doctrine and principles focused on family has been a great blessing.  During this semester, my wife and I have celebrated our 4 year anniversary and our son's first birthday, in addition to purchasing a new home.  As a result, my thoughts have been on my family and my role as a father and husband.  As I work to finish school, begin a new career, raise my son, and fulfill all other responsibilities, I have often felt overwhelmed and inadequate.  What a blessing it has been to be reminded of the proclamation on a weekly basis, as it outlines my patriarchal duties and instills confidence that my inadequacies can be made whole by the Lord.  I am grateful for living prophets who testify of our loving Heavenly Father and for their guidance in this dispensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment